Re: GNAT, executable stack and trampolines

On 05/24/2011 05:12 PM, Reto Buerki wrote:
> On 05/24/2011 04:15 PM, Ludovic Brenta wrote:
>>
>> Reto Buerki wrote:
>>> I can't find the file gcc/ada/ChangeLog-2008 in neither GNAT GPL 2010
>>> sources nor binary distribution tarballs. Am I missing something?
>>
>> That's unfortunate but not insurmountable.  You'll have to reconstruct the
>> files from the GCC 4.3.0 source distribution and the gcc43.dif patch
>> provided by AdaCore.  (The exact version number of GCC should be in a
>> README somewhere).
>
> I did it exactly as described in the README.BUILD file from
> gnat-gpl-2010-src.tgz using gcc-4_3-branch-rev160200-src.tgz provided by
> AdaCore. Besides that, gcc43.dif does not patch nor create any ChangeLog
> files ...

I used the opportunity of today's GNAT GPL 2011 release (thanks AdaCore)
to analyze the latest gcc-45.dif patch in the source tarball. I wrote a
small Ada tool to parse the patch and determine the status of each
changelog entry. The output can be found here [1].

If I'm not completely mistaken, we are interested in all changelogs in
status TBS (To_Be_Submitted). Would a verbose list of these changelogs help?

- reto

[1] - http://codelabs.ch/~reet/gcc-45-dif-status