Re: Compiling the latest Ahven with gcc 4.6

Tero Koskinen <tero.koskinen@iki.fi> writes:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that gcc-ada/gnat shipped with Fedora 15/i386 dies to
> internal error
> when it tries to compile Ahven from https://bitbucket.org/tkoskine/ahven.
>
> Has anyone experienced same with Debian and gcc 4.6 or is it just Fedora-
> specific error?
>
> gnatls reports following version on Fedora 15:
> 4.6.0 20110509 (Red Hat 4.6.0-7)
>
> Error where the building dies is:
> gcc -c -g -gnatf -gnatVa -gnato -gnatwe -gnatwa -gnatwl -gnatE -gnatwF
> -gnatyd3ibmhex -gnat95 -I- -gnatA
> /home/tkoskine/work/ahven/src/ahven-tap_runner.adb
> Exception name: SYSTEM.ASSERTIONS.ASSERT_FAILURE
> Message: namet.adb:655
>
> gnatmake: INTERNAL ERROR. Please report.
> make: *** [build_lib] Error 4
> $
>
> Steps to preproduce:
> 1. hg clone https://bitbucket.org/tkoskine/ahven && cd ahven
> 2. hg update -r ac47736c2d83
> 3. make
>
> Sorry for noise if gcc 4.6 on Debian compiles this just fine. In that case,
> I'll file a bug to Fedora bug tracker.

No compilation error on Debian sid with gnat-4.6 4.6.0-1 (which is not
yet uploaded).  So the error looks like either a Fedora-specific bug or
an upstream bug that happens to be fixed on the gcc-4_6-branch, which
Debian follows closely.

Compilation log attached.

OS_VERSION=unix gnatmake -Pgnat/ahven_lib
OS_VERSION=unix gnatmake -Pgnat/ahven_tests