Future version of libxmlada in Debian

I revisited com.adacore.xmlada in the monotone database, added tags,
merged into the .debian branch, and removed the GMGPL exception from all
new source files.

The new tags are:
xmlada-4.0-branchpoint
xmlada-4.1-branchpoint

They tag revisions immediately preceding those where the version number
changed in configure.in and other files.  From the changelog, it seems
that AdaCore created the final 4.0 and 4.1 releases on branches starting
from those two branchpoints; these branches are private in their
repository, as are the final releases.  However I do not think there is
much difference between a *-branchpoint and the final * release; in fact
the only difference is probably the removal of the "w" (standing for
"wavefront") in the version number.

Now, the current head of com.adacore.xmlada.debian (revision
bc73f0c0...) is identical to t:xmlada-4.1-branchpoint except for the
removal of the GMGPL exception text; this is a good candidate for
packaging as libxmlada4.1-dev.

The current head of com.adacore.xmlada is a 4.2w prerelease (i.e. a
precursor to a future 4.2 release).

Xavier, I noticed this which I think is relevant to you:

|   Revision: 870c4a1c362fc118789acd841baeeec52247fead
|   Parent:   0064c113865018417e553f792153720bd8a08b5e
|   Author:   briot
|   Date:     2010-04-20T16:25:50
|   Branch:   com.adacore.xmlada
|
|   Changelog:
|
|   [xmlada @ 159211]
|   Bump version number to 4.0w, since there are some incompatible
|    changes in the API
|   J302-043

This means: if you decide to package 4.0 or 4.1, you will have to make
changes to Narval to make it compatible with the new API.  If you are
reluctant to make such changes, you can simply re-package XML/Ada 3.2
with gnat-4.6 and a new aliversion.