Re: compile packages with gnat-4.6

Reto Buerki wrote:
> On 05/18/2011 12:35 PM, Xavier Grave wrote:
>> I have a new upstream version for narval (1.14) and I'm planning to
>> package it using gnat-4.6.
>
> I'm experimenting with FSF gnat 4.6.0 builds at the moment, using Debian
> gcc/gnat as bootstrap compiler. Since the process is not very well
> documented, I wrote down my findings [1].
>
> @ludovic: Do you think the configure options I use are ok? I'm trying to
> disable as many of the unneeded options as possible to speed up the gnat
> build. Maybe there are other options which are not actually needed for
> gnat which I'm not aware of.

At first glance your options seem OK.  You might try --disable-bootstrap
and --disable-lto.  I expect --disable-bootstrap, by itself, to result
in significant time savings.

>> To do so I'm needing a few packages :libxmlada libaws liblog4ada
>> polyorb and so on ...
>
> Please tell me if you need help with polyorb, I'm glad to help.

If you'd like to help with polyorb, you should start by building the
gnat-4.6 packages (as opposed to the pristine upstream sources) like
Xavier.

I'm waiting for the upload of gcc-4.6 (=4.6.1-1) before I upload gnat-4.6
to unstable.  This should happen within the next 3 weeks or so.