Re: compile packages with gnat-4.6

Hi,

On 05/18/2011 12:35 PM, Xavier Grave wrote:
> I have a new upstream version for narval (1.14) and I'm planning to
> package it using gnat-4.6.

I'm experimenting with FSF gnat 4.6.0 builds at the moment, using Debian
gcc/gnat as bootstrap compiler. Since the process is not very well
documented, I wrote down my findings [1].

@ludovic: Do you think the configure options I use are ok? I'm trying to
disable as many of the unneeded options as possible to speed up the gnat
build. Maybe there are other options which are not actually needed for
gnat which I'm not aware of.

> To do so I'm needing a few packages :libxmlada libaws liblog4ada polyorb
> and so on ...

Please tell me if you need help with polyorb, I'm glad to help.

> So I plan to compile all the needed packages with gnat-4.6 and latest
> code from com.adacore.*

Good idea!

- reto

[1] - http://www.codelabs.ch/~reet/build-gcc-ada.html