Re: SPARK package for Debian

Hello,

15 березня 2011 о 20:34 +0000 Florian Schanda написав(-ла):
> On Wednesday 09 March 2011 19:02:29 'Eugeniy Meshcheryakov' wrote:
> > Is there any publically available testsuite for spark? Especially for
> > parts written in Prolog?
>
> I have two ideas for publically available testsuites:
>    Tokeneer (http://www.adacore.com/home/products/sparkpro/tokeneer)
>    SPARKSkein (http://www.skein-hash.info/downloads)

Yes, those can be used to check if spark simply works. But the problem
whit them that they cannot be used to test if defects are found
correctly.

Anyway I think there is some bug now in spadesimp (both from Debian package [1]
(without your patches) and binary distribution for x86_64). It takes forever
to analyze skein_512_update.vcg.

> > But most of the patches are needed only for Debian package. Also patch
> > for checker is not complete. There are still problems with predicates
> > that raise exceptions in SWI prolog (like seeing(user) if input is from
> > file).
>
> Sorry this has been taking a while... Again, I don't have any patches for
> checker, however I just managed to build a simplifier which generally*
> produces byte-for-byte equivalent output to the binary we normally supply.
>
> *) There are a few cases where we format the log file differently. Also, if
> you have a malformed VC that starts numbered at (for example) 4 and not 1 we
> don't simplify the file. However for most normal uses we should be
> equivalent.
>
> These patches are a combination of Alexander Senier's original patches plus
> some hacks of my own.
>
> They are attached to this email.
Thanks for patches. I'll integrate them into Debian package. Hopefully
there will be working package by the end of the week.

1. http://git.debian.org/?p=users/eugen/spark.git

Regards,
Eugeniy Meshcheryakov