Re: Improving in-place upgrades of Ada packages from Lenny to Squeeze

Stephen Leake wrote:

Currently, a package is upgraded only if its name does not change.

Good point.

Is the hack then to introduce a new "lib<name><old-ali>-dev" package which is empty but depends on "lib<name><new-ali>-dev"?

Lots of empty packages, just to get the upgrade to work, but if we have a plan for avoiding this in the future, then I think it is an acceptable (but far from perfect) solution to the immediate problem.

Greetings,

Jacob
--
"Good enough for physics" -- Ridcully