Re: How to Install Basic Debian CLI System with Networking and screen reader

I found the name of the Debian CLI menu system.

It is "pdmenu" written by Joey Hess, joey@kitenet.net

It's at this URL: pdmenu (joeyh.name)

Pdmenu is a full screen menuing system for Unix. It is designed to be easy to use, and is suitable as a login shell for inexperienced users, or it can just be ran at the command line as a handy menu.

Pdmenu features color support and GPM mouse support at the Linux console. It was developed on Linux, and has now been compiled on many other unixes without problems.

I was prompted to write Pdmenu when I took a look at a shell script that used dialog to generate similar menus. The shell script was huge, complicated, and ugly, and had to be modified manually to add anything to the menu. I hope that Pdmenu is better.

But pdmenu 1.26 - even though it was used in Vinux based on Debian - isn't accessible, but it's a nice menu.

There's an article about navigating pdmenu through ssh here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33234520/how-to-navigate-on-console-menu-pdmenu-over-ssh-from-python

He says it's in Debian packages, but alas, it's been removed but it's here: git://git.joeyh.name/pdmenu

Best wishes,
David