Re: espeakup stops speaking version 1:0.90-11

Reviving this old thread, as I am seeing espeakup stopping speech output. I am not seeing this in conjunction with the buffer overlaps, however, the current setup I have has such small buffers that I may not be able to notice.

I am running current bookworm, espeakup 1:0.90-12, kernel 6.1.0-6-arm64 (6.1.15-1). This is running under qemu 7.1.0 compiled by mac ports. I first reported this on amd64 under vmware fusion 11.5.7.

Sometimes it stops speaking after a minute or two of use. Other times it takes ten minutes or so. Sometimes it quits while quickly running through lots of output by word. This last time it stopped speaking, I was reading a letter at a time, slightly faster than one per second.

If I killall -1 espeakup, it will speak some items left in a buffer, right away.

Should I run this inside gdb, or should we put in some print statements? Please let me know what I can do to help track this bugger down!

Thanks,
--FC