Re: debian installer accessibility for arm64

Greetings Samuel,

> On Mar 7, 2023, at 19:18, Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Frank Carmickle, le mer. 15 févr. 2023 11:22:02 -0500, a ecrit:

>>> I have uploaded a test image, could you give it a try from:
>>>
>>> https://people.debian.org/~sthibault/mini.iso
>>
>> The first thing to note is that the image does not come up talking at all in stock configuration.
>
> I have updated the image above with the latest kernel from debian, which
> now includes sound drivers, could you download it again and try it?

I have tried it. I have found that I couldn't, unlike the last image you made, get it to come up talking. However, since I wanted to try to finish the installation process, I did so over a serial connection. On reboot into the installed system it came up talking, when I thought that I'd have to install those bits.

I'm not sure how to read your message that I'm replying to hear. Is it that you thought that speech wouldn't work? If so, you are correct, it does not. It seems as though the boot loader isn't including the appropriate kernel options, but I can't tell because when I press 's' it gives me the graphical installer. When I arrow down to the entry that should be "install with speech" I don't get any output at all on the serial line.

Thanks for providing us another image to test. I was going to write you mail yesterday, just before you sent this, to ask you to build another. I've been trying to find the build instructions for the Debian Installer. Do you know where I can find them?

Best,
--FC