Re: Location of liblouis translation tables

Hello,

Sebastian Humenda, le lun. 16 oct. 2023 02:16:34 +0200, a ecrit:
> I've set up the cups filters to print with my Index Everest V5.
> The Cups interface shows an error when I try to print:
> "Could not find LibLouis table with locale de_DE"
> I've installed these packages:
> liblouis-bin liblouis-data liblouis20 liblouisutdml-bin liblouisutdml-data
> liblouisutdml9 liblouisxml-bin liblouisxml-data liblouisxml1
>
> Any ideas?

It seems some changes in the tables file broke cups-filter's ability to
find them. Could you try to change in

/usr/share/cups/braille/cups-braille.sh

locale:

into

language:

? I'll try to get that fixed in bookworm's cups-filters, since the patch
is very trivial.

> I have also seen that there seem to be official Index drivers these days in printer-driver-indexbraille. Has anyone tried them out?

That driver just sends the document to the embosser, and lets the
embosser perform all conversions etc.