Re: espeakup stops speaking bookworm arm64

Hello,

I just updated to Bookworm on my work VM running under VMWare 17 under Windows 11 and am experiencing the same problem.

This was not happening under Bullseye.

The only other thing that I can add to what has already been described in this thread is that using conventional Debian methods to stop the espeakup process takes a long time. Running espeakup in debug mode doesn't print anything to the console, and when I lose speech, I have to press control-backslash to kill it (control-c doesn't work).

I've only just seen the suggestion to test with the debug versions, which I will try at some point soon.

I'm running just in the console, no desktop environments.

BTW: I was just proofing this message and it died. I was cursoring down through this email, so I wasn't reviewing by character this time.

Cheers,
Geoff.