Re: Installing Voxin Eloquence Broke Speakup?

In Debian 11 I have a solution, not good, but better than nothing. When
in the Mate Desktop or terminal I use Orca. If I want to use the console
I go to  Alt + F2,  type in "Sudo Killall Orca", which shuts down Orca.
Within 10 seconds I have espeak speaking in the console. If I want to go
back to the Mate desktop I again use the alt + F2 and type in "Orca",
and get Orca back. A nuisance, but it works.
--
 <dhoffjr@att.net>