Re: espeakup stops speaking bookworm arm64

    Frank> Good day all, I'm pretty certain now that speech stops when
    Frank> doing screen review by character.

    Frank> Does anyone know what would be different about this that
    Frank> would make this happen?

This is just a guess, but you might run into trouble if the amount of
speech produced by one character is less than some sound fragment size.
I.E. something is setting up to deliver interrupts when a buffer gets
empty, but the buffer never gets full enough to trigger that.
So a bug in the sound stack within the vm or a bug in the emulated sound
card or a bug in the sound stack in the host OS
or a bug in how the emulator interacts with the sound stack in the host
os.
By sound stack I include things like pulseaudio and pipewire.

You could play around with adding/subtracting pulseaudio/pipewire within
the guest and different approaches for how the emulator talks to the
host OS sound stack to explore whether this is the case.

I want to stress that this is only my guess, although I have run into
such problems over the years.