Re: Orca Isn't Autostarting

If you start Orca at the log-in dialogue with Alt-Super-S, it should remain running in the desktop session and persist across reboots. (I'm using Debian Testing and GNOME, so this isn't your exact situation.)

Also, check your desktop's Accessibility settings and ensure that "screen reader" is eanbled.