Re: changing the scheduling and niceness of espeakup and related processes

> On Feb 12, 2022, at 7:58 PM, Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
>
> Nick Gawronski, le sam. 12 févr. 2022 18:49:10 -0600, a ecrit:
>> If I am using the default espeak voice
>
> Is this in english?
>
> (yes, details always matter. I have e.g. gotten reports on the czech
> voices crashing)
>
>> and cat the GPL version 3 the document will usually read most of the
>> way down then just stop speaking.
>
> Stop speaking, do you mean: as expected?
>
>> If I use the review keys to review the text I have to press them a
>> lot before speech comes back.
>
> I'm not sure to understand: do you mean that you try to press review
> keys right after the long read mentioned above, and that fails until you
> have pressed them a lot? Again, all precise details matter for me to be
> able to reproduce anything.
>
>> I thought this was the same issue about losing speech but from what
>> you are saying reading a document that is very long and trying to read
>> as an Android build is going on are two different issues
>
> I'm not saying anything. I'm just trying to investigate, by trying to
> find simpler testcases than "overload the system with stuff until things
> break down".

As reported on the speakup mailing list the problem I was having, both with large amounts of input text as well as performance under load, has been fixed by espeak-ng 1.50+dfsg-10.

Thanks to Samuel for all of his hard work!

--FC