Re: espeakup not speaking screen review from speakup in Debian sid 20211215 while screen refreshing to quickly

Hello,

Digging back this issue, related also to a recent discussion on
debian-accessibility

Frank Carmickle wrote:
> 0 5.14 and now 5.15. When I write a lot of output to a screen,
> say dmesg without a pager, screen review stops working for a few
> seconds. I know speakup is still responding because the tones are
> played when navigating by word when moving to a new line. The speech
> is interrupted appropriately but it will not speak again for a few
> seconds.

I have been able to reproduce something like this: run dmesg, let it
start speak, press a key to stop it, press some other keys, but the
speech remains silent until a few seconds. I have tracked this down to
espeak having some extra 50ms delays that repeat for each dropped
phoneme/word, thus the apparent pause.

I have just uploaded to sid version 1.50+dfsg-10 of espeak-ng that drops
that delay, would you be able to test it?