Re: colors in firefox

> have you tried checking the
option to "Always use color changes" or something like that rather than
"Use System colors"?

yes, i tried that and everything else i could on that dialog box.
they all gae astonishingly bad results.  tat is the dialog i was
talking about though, yes.  idk what use syustem colors means in my
case.  i'd like to.

for example, right now in that dialog i set system colors off,
underline links on, adequate colors personally set for links and text,
and override always which is what you are referring to.  in my
firerodx those are the options the dialog box allows.

i had to reduce text size to accommodate the dialog.  but i will not
complain about htat because i am complaining about colors. i require
large fonts.

here are somet hings that doing the above does:

- sets in /many/ places bg to blak and fg to orangeish.  this is very
good and what i sort of asked it to.  but not all.

- sets many things like buttons and text boxes and search boxes to
black on whiteish [this is very bad -- completely impossible at night]
and i did not ask for this.  i need no whiteish bg anywhere.  why
can't i have better colors here?

this one is especially bad because my "dark reader" extension has no
effect on it at all.  it is in my case a mediocre extension but the
best i could find out of all of them, except for one that requires a
binary blob to install it [that one is otherwise floss though i think
and supposedly it adds css files or so to your profile].

so this is very close to what i want but the presence in many places
of black on white means that i cannot use it.

- puts lines btween tree style tab tabs.  this is distracting but i
will put up with it.

> Ok, I understand: the problem is that with the blue filtering, some things become unreadable

yes that is part of the problem, in that with lots and lots of blue
filtering, [undesired] blue text is so indistinguishable from the
[desired] black-ish bg as to be unreadable.  espeially, but not only,
at night when all the filtering is at max.

ergo, i want to make firefox display reasonable olors.  as in
software.  as in color codes.  as in fg and bg text colors and other
colors firefox uses.  so it's a firefox color fioxing  question.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com