Re: On braille and sound

Hello Jim,

I don't use braille, so I'll let others help you on this.

Also I uninstalled voxin to see more on what others might be missing, and now I have the same problem that others are reporting.

I have spd-say "hello" working.
I have voxin-say "hello" | aplay working.

But I have no screen reader in console.

spd-say -L note the capital -L gives me this:

spd-say -L
                     NAME                 LANGUAGE                  VARIANT
     zoe-ml-embedded-high                    en-US                     none
Which is correct, my voxin voice is zoe-ml-embedded-high.

So I am now having the exact same problem as others are having even though days ago everything was working fine.

I could be some sort of incompatibility with a new version of one of the applications needed by my voxin voice.

That's beyond my knowledge, but since we are all having the same problem, maybe Gilles or one of the other developers on the Debian Accessibility List might be able to tell me how I can troubleshoot this.

It just very strange that I'm having the exact same problems as two others on the list with voxin.

Best regards,

David