Re: Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT)?

On 28/3/22 13:57, Samuel Thibault wrote:
I don't know about VPAT, but since Ubuntu has one, I guess Debian can
have one, it'd be a matter of somebody having a look at it.
The latest version of the VPAT allows for reporting of conformance to both U.S. and E.U. accessibility standards.

https://www.itic.org/policy/accessibility/vpat

Writing one for any Linux distribution would be an enormous undertaking, given the number of packages involved. A Linux distribution, as is well known in the community, includes an abundance of application software in addition to operating system components. If everything that provides a user interface would need to be evaluated for purposes of the report, then it's an extraordinary task.

I suppose one could write a VPAT for each desktop environment (also a large task) and one for each application.

I think this is probably best left to commercial distributors who are selling Linux-based systems to clients such as public-sector entities that require VPAT documentation.