Speech-Dispatcher Won't Install

Hi All: I hope I am subscribed to this list, as it was suggested by Paul, who's name was in a README of this package. Anyway, I am trying to get newer embedded voices from Voxin running in a Debian SID 5.16.0-3 system. A version of speechd-up which tries to install is 0.5 from Brailcom. But even compiling provides similar results.
 speechd-up
Folks who maintain-and-use Voxin say I must run "speechd-up" instead of "voxinup" Right now I am still listening to speech from a DecTalk but would like to enjoy Allison from these newer voices through Speakup. Thanks so much in advance
Chime