Re: web-based, distributed, accessible applications (was LibreFaso)

For me, Python is pretty easy since Emacspeak reads indentation. Reading manpages is also easy because in Emacs one can move from heading to heading.

On Mon, Mar 7, 2022 at 2:38 AM Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com> wrote:
> On Mar 7, 2022, at 00:16, Jeffery Mewtamer <mewtamer@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> ... if I knew how to make my console screen reader speak
> whitespace when reading character-by-character (and thus could tell
> tabs and spaces apart) or how to toggle between a less verbose "prose"
> reading style and a more verbose "code" reading style where reading
> line-by-line speaks characters that are normally unspoken, it would
> probably alleviate some of my dislike of whitespace sensitivity.

It seems like there should be a FAQ or wiki page that gives this sort
of info for all of the common console screen readers.  I realize that
the manual for each one probably documents this sort of thing, but my
impression (from you and other blind programmers) is that finding the
information isn't as easy as it should be.

- Rich Morin