Re: Fwd: Iggdrasil, a new amazing screenreader

Hi Chime,

indeed GRUB can play tunes. I am guilty of a program making use of that to
create and edit a boot menu, boot entries from top to bottom getting one more
note. Only caveat: it actually creates a sub-menu per boot entry, as the tune is
only pressed when you press Enter.

I called it the EFI Multi-boot Menu Maker or EFI3M. It is available here:
https://github.com/DidierSpaier/EFI3M

However, a simpler solution is to use grub-emu, which displays an accessible
"fake" boot menu in a running system, with exactly the same layout and content
as the one that GRUB will display after rebooting.