PS and OT: the new package mate-session-manager is available.

Cheers,
Diider

Le 15/09/2021 à 15:04, Jude DaShiell a écrit :
Could the same thing have happened in debian?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 05:46:50
From: Didier Spaier <didier@slint.fr>
To: slint@freelists.org
Subject: [slint] Re: After Upgrade 14 September 2021 Cannot Login to Mate

Hello David,

thanks for your bug report!

The issue is that new mate-session-manager installs a file named:
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.mate-session
whereas in previous versions it was named:
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.mate

This confuse session-chooser as it looks for the latter, not the former.

As a workaround, please type this as root:
cd /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
ln -s xinitrc.mate-session xinitrc.mate

Then as regular user type:
session-chooser mate
startx

I will provide a new package mate-session-manager making this symbolic link as
a post-installation task later today.

Cheers,
Didier

Le 15/09/2021 ? 01:26, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. a ?crit :
Hello List,

After update on 14 September 2021, I can no longer log into MATE.

I updated and upgraded after seeing Didier's message today 15 September 2021.

I still cannot log into Mate, only the other Desktop Environments.

I can use the other Desktop Environments (DE) by using "session-chooser" all
of them work but an odd thing happens.

After successfully starting another DE, if I try to start mate with
session-chooser, I cannot open mate, but I open the last DE that I used.

I used several DE and this repeats itself, if I use lxde, when I try to use
"session-chooser mate", mate won't run, but lxde will, same thing with
kde-plasma and the other DE that are in SLINT.

Just in case the Xorg log will help, I attach it.

Best regards,

David