I still only have speech in one virtual console 1 which boots into X Windows, consoles 2 through 6 are mute. I converted from Stable/Bullseye to Unstable/Sid without the bugs going away.

Best wishes,

David

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021, 09:04 Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@panix.com> wrote:
Could the same thing have happened in debian?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 05:46:50
From: Didier Spaier <didier@slint.fr>
To: slint@freelists.org
Subject: [slint] Re: After Upgrade 14 September 2021 Cannot Login to Mate

Hello David,

thanks for your bug report!

The issue is that new mate-session-manager installs a file named:
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.mate-session
whereas in previous versions it was named:
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.mate

This confuse session-chooser as it looks for the latter, not the former.

As a workaround, please type this as root:
cd /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
ln -s xinitrc.mate-session xinitrc.mate

Then as regular user type:
session-chooser mate
startx

I will provide a new package mate-session-manager making this symbolic link as
a post-installation task later today.

Cheers,
Didier

Le 15/09/2021 ? 01:26, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. a ?crit :