Re: CORRECTED - Bullseye No Speech In Consoles 2-6 and Unable to Login as User

The logs are here, is there something more that I should do?

I don't know what they mean.

Since the list cannot have attachments, I uploaded them to pastebin.com. Click and you will see dmesg and the last two Xorg files.

dmesg.log https://pastebin.com/raw/mEF8d1HV
Xorg.0.log https://pastebin.com/raw/xFWfuYtp
Xorg.0.log.old https://pastebin.com/raw/JHgV5VQQ

Problem is logging into Desktop Environment, I've changed from LightDM to sddm and I still cannot log into Mate as username only as root.

I've changed Desktop Environments, KDE and LXDE and the problem still exists. Logging in as root works.

I think I remember if I select one of any two Desktop Environments, instead of "Default" that I can log in, but I'm so confused by all the problems that I cannot remember that detail, I'm mostly sure it's true, defect "MATE" and I can log in, but selecting "Default" results in failure.

Console speech is only available in the console that tries to log into Xorg with the Display Manager, other consoles are mute, for some reason something is killing speech-dispatcher.

I have no idea to whom to report this.

On Wed, Sep 8, 2021 at 2:38 AM john doe <johndoe65534@mail.com> wrote:
On 9/8/2021 12:54 AM, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. wrote:
> Does anyone have any idea how I can find what is preventing users from
> loging into MATE (or other Desktop Environment) when Default is selected?
> or the problem with espeak-ng not speaking in other consoles because
> something is killing speech-dispatcher?

Digging in the logs might reveale some clues.

--
John Doe