Re: Latest Debian Stable 32 bit with non free firmware

I'm not sure this is the right problem.  The installation talked to me
just fine.  I took a crack at installing Mate along with everything else.

When it finnished, I went for the re-boot option.  It came up asking for
user name and password.  I guess it took it, but I was lost there.  Never
used a GUI before.  Tried Alt-right arrow to get to a console.
NothingWent through the shutdown procedure and it did so.

Going to try for a CLI install this afternoon.

Thank you much.

Jim Green