Re: Debian Newbie

On 13/7/21 2:04 pm, Devin Prater wrote:

So, I'm trying to start over with Linux in a better way, asking more questions, and hopefully I'll have a better time with an actually helpful distro and community. So, any tips or getting-started info?

I think learning the Linux command line shell and utilities (if you don't know them well already) is important. There are good books available in reasonably accessible formats. While there are graphical tools and applications as well, where Linux has its unique benefits is at the command line and in the option to edit configuration files to set up almost everything.

Thus, my advice to a new user would be to learn these text-based tools progressively until you can use them efficiently.