Re: Iggdrasil, a new amazing screenreader

Thanks, now there's less reason for fear. I thought your reluctance to go there was related to poor treatment instead of what it most likely is, "too darned many things to accomplish".

Good news for all, especially that they pushed to keep a feature that "TAP" type people - "Temporarily Able People" as opposed to those impaired in their abilities - would wish to eliminate.,

This bodes well for Debian Accessibility.

Thanks,

David

On Fri, Dec 31, 2021 at 12:34 PM Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
D.J.J. Ring, Jr., le ven. 31 déc. 2021 12:11:14 -0500, a ecrit:
> Obviously, we are more civilized on this email list, but it seems that
> Debian-Boot is the wild and wooly frontier where new suggestions are met with
> barbs and malice.

? No. Really no.

The beep-at-installer-boot-menu took some exchanges to weigh the pros
and cons, sure, but it went completely civilized.

And...

when some user asked debian-boot for removing the
beep-at-installer-boot-menu, it's debian-boot people themselves who
calmly explained why the feature shall remain.

No need to be pushy, one just needs to explain the situation and discuss
possible solutions until a compromise is found.