Re: Iggdrasil, a new amazing screenreader

Sorry, I'm flooded with emails.  Can you remove me from this list, please?

On Fri, 31 Dec 2021, at 5:11 PM, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. wrote:
I'll introduce the discussion, I'd rather not have someone as worthy as you be shot up on Debian-Boot email list.

Obviously, we are more civilized on this email list, but it seems that Debian-Boot is the wild and wooly frontier where new suggestions are met with barbs and malice. Sounds like a retarded group that doesn't realize the harm they do, but that's typical of the 21st century and for centuries before. We can only lead by example.

Best wishes,

David

On Fri, Dec 31, 2021 at 11:44 AM Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
Hello,

D.J.J. Ring, Jr., le ven. 31 déc. 2021 10:12:43 -0500, a ecrit:
> The network-manager package should be installed by default to ANY installation

Well, not "any".

Again, that's where *discussion* needs to be done. And not here, but
where such discussions belong: with the people who know about all the
pros and cons of the various solutions. That is,
debian-boot@lists.debian.org

I guess an answer to the concerns being raised is that we should
have a "textual desktop" item in the list of tasks during debian
installer. So that all desktop-like thingies such as network-manager get
installed without having to install gnome or mate, without impacting all
installations (embedded systems do not want desktop-like bloat).

Again, I'd really like *not* to have to raise such discussions myself on
debian-boot. Again, such things should *not* rely on just one person.