Re: Iggdrasil, a new amazing screenreader

On 12/31/2021 2:37 AM, Mike Reiser wrote:
I have thought about switching to just working in a console, but I worry about having to memorize a bunch of commands to do things.  in a graphical program, I can use keyboard commands to get around it mostly. Is this available in  console programs? Also, how can I have the documentation open in a web browser, so I can read it while learning the commands in the console? Thanks,

Yes, shortcuts in a graphical env could be aliases in the console or
creating a shell function that does what you want.

In the terminal, there is no need to use a browser as all documentation
is available using the 'man' command.

Going online might be useful if you want to research a specific
question, have some example ...

To me those two envs are not antagonist, the only difference between the
CLI ('console') and a DE (desktop environment) is that with the CLI you
can do what ever you want by providing options to a utility.
In a grafical env, you are able to do what is  made available but in
general you don't have access to all functionalities that the CLI offers.

The advantage of Linux is that when you are stuck in a DE you always
have the choise to fall back to the CLI!

A visual environment is sometime easier and more friendly when sited
help is needed.

What suits you best is what is importent.

--
John Doe