Re: Iggdrasil, a new amazing screenreader

And I just stated that Slint was amazingly accessible, accessibility also means easy to use. Slint has the features, at least with additional screen readers, already installed, easy to switch on with a well documented script named "speak-with".

That's not a war or any reason for a war, it's just a compliment.

I love Debian, although I'd like to install the 10.1 from the installation media and have sound while doing so. I understand it's just my hardware not everyone else's. I'm still trying to figure out the cause, but with multiple problems it's difficult, but I can run Debian 10.1 as root, but I don't want to! So I'll uninstall and reinstall Debian 9.

There seems to be someone else who is flooding the list with nonsense which should stop.

Samuel, I stand by my statement, accessibility is not only ability to be used, but ease of use, but that wasn't and never should be a call for a war, which is what only you have mentioned.

There, I said it. I never mentioned a war, I never called for one, I simply said that it's easier to access accessibility features in Slint, especially true for the newcomer. A compliment, not a wish for war.

Best wishes,

David

On Thu, Dec 30, 2021, 06:20 Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
Didier Spaier, le jeu. 30 déc. 2021 10:32:24 +0100, a ecrit:
> On 30/12/2021 08:10, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > You also have the same choice on other distributions such as Debian.
> >
> > Please don't fall in a distro war, we don't need that.
>
> Well Samuel, you quoted me out of context, I am not the one who started the war.

I didn't quote you, I quoted D.J.J. Ring.