Intel-Atom N270 processor question

I have had brief encounters with the Unix/Linux environments during my career in the Windows world. I have always had an interest in Linux and now have the time to devote to getting a fully functional Debian install up and running.

As the subject indicates I have an old Netbook computer which I would like to experiment with as my first real attempt at a Debian install. Where does the Intel-Atom processor fit in the various possible install configurations? I have lots of reading yet to do, but I would like to focus in on which type of install I should be investigating.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Larry W. Honaker

Kc8pdx@outlook.com