Re: Debian 11 formally debuts and hits the Bullseye • The Register

Congratulations to the Debian Developers on the release of Bullseye.

I just tried installing with the non-free firmware AMD64 net install CD and the installed system is still inaccessible using the regular user account  It is accessible using root account, and MATE graphic User Interface will run using root, but it will not run using the user account.

Only my system, I know the second sound card is the correct card, so I wait until the installer asks a second time if that's the card I want to use, I press ENTER to select it.  I truthfully don't remember if the screen reader was working during the installation, but I doubt it, so let's put down a "no", I did the accessible installation by looking at the screen.  A good improvement would be to configure the screen using the large VGA fonts by selection in the installer.

When the system was installed, I was unable to log in as user, but only as root.

There was NO username/.xsession_files or username/.Xsession_files or anything like that.

I have uploaded by /var/log files and the installation log files from this installation here:
http://qsl.net/n1ea/debianbullseysreleasevarlog.tar.gz
http://qsl.net/n1ea/install.logs.tar.gz

Best regards,
David