Re: No BRLTTY with Bulseeye RC3

Ho Sebastian,

maybe a path issue?

Here brltty version 6.3 has its binary installed in /bin, dunno for Debian and
its weird anyway that /bin be not in the PATH but still, what gives:
'which brltty'?

Didier

Le 25/03/2021 à 22:16, Sebastian Humenda a écrit :
Hi

I've downloaded the RC3 of the  installer from
   https://chuangtzu.ftp.acc.umu.se/cdimage/bullseye_di_alpha3/amd64/iso-cd/debian-bullseye-DI-alpha3-amd64-netinst.iso

After the installation, BRLTTY was not started. Loggining into the system, I
found out that brltty was not installed, or at least it could not be launched
(see steps below).

1.  Wrote the image to a USB drive.
2.  Rebooted the system.
3.  The braille display was not delected after 20 seconds, so I pressed down
     and return to select the textual install.
4.  After a few moments, BRLTTY started and I could proceed the installation
     with braille.
5.  I have used the netinst CD and due to firmware issues, not configured
     networking.
6.  I rebooted the system with installation media detached.
7.  No BRLTTY was launched. With sighted assistence, I entered my passphrase
     for /home (/ is not encrypted) and logged in as root.
8.  BRLTTY is not installed, the command brltty or /sbin/brltty does not
     exist.

I have used the netinstall. So is it normal that BRLTTY is not part of the
base system? If this is intended behaviour, I will go and repair the system
with sighted assistence. Otherwise, I'll wait for more testing instructions
:).

Thanks
Sebastian