Re: No BRLTTY with Bulseeye RC3

Hello,

Sebastian Humenda, le jeu. 25 mars 2021 22:16:07 +0100, a ecrit:
> 3.  The braille display was not delected after 20 seconds, so I pressed down
>     and return to select the textual install.

Alas, bootloaders don't have braille drivers, and probably won't in
medium term, so yes at that step you have to type return. Note that you
don't actually need to select the textual install, even graphical
install will detect braille and use it.

> 5.  I have used the netinst CD and due to firmware issues, not configured
>     networking.

That is the issue... For image size considerations, brltty used not to
be included in netinst images. And thus the installer couldn't install
it since it couldn't find it on the CD and couldn't get it from the
Internet. You can use a CD-1 image to have brltty.deb available from the
image, or a firmware-enabled image to get it from the Internet.

That being said, we can probably reconsider the non-inclusion of
brltty on the netinst image (as well as espeakup), it's exactly the
time to raise the question. Maybe you can re-open bug #678065: at the
time, brltty was additionally pulling libicu and that was frowned
upon. It happens that nowadays libicu is already getting pulled, so
brltty+espeakup can probably be requested and it'll be fine this time.