Re: How do I delete a file in Mate?

John,

Yes, but potentially the problem is more complicated than that.

Select the file with your mouse, right click, select Delete. If you hold down SHIFT key it will delete immediately. I thought you said this wasn't working.

I've given you the best and complete answer. Go use Google and find an answer more to your liking.

My answer would have taken you moments to fix.

Try using midnight commander in terminal, launch with command mc.

If not installed, install it. It has all the power of the command line but in a graphical text interface.

Regards,

David