Re: How do I delete a file in Mate?

Are you the owner of the file? If it's not your file you cannot delete it.

If that's the case open terminal and ls -l to see who owns the file and which group. See if the owner had write permission on the file. If not you have to chmod 644 the file with the root account to give owner read and write permission.

sudo chmod 644 "file name"

Where  "file name" is the actual file name but no quotation marks.

Best regards,

David