Re: Why doesn't this page work with Mate?

On 6/12/20 4:12 PM, John J. Boyer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please look at the attached html fille. It is a small experimental page.
>  It works with Chrome on Windows, but not with Chromium or firefox on mate.
>  Why is this? Can I make it work? It will be used to develop a word-association O
>  game for my websites.
>
> Thanks,
> John

I'm a web developer with a lot of experience with dynamic HTML. This
appears to be the code you are talking about:

<!DOCTYPE html>
</head>
<script>
    function nextMove(curresp) {
        response = curresp;
        document.write("You responded " + response + "<br>");
        return true;
    }

    response = window.prompt("What is your response?");

    nextMove(response);
</script>

I tested this with Chromium 83 under MATE and I don't see any difference
between how it works with Firefox or Chromium. In both cases, it opens a
prompt window asking for a text input, then prints whatever was typed
into the box to the screen. In what way does it seem to not be working?