Re: Audio problems with Debian, speech output and the latest VMware Workstation release :-(

Am 05.06.2020 um 12:36 schrieb Samuel Thibault:
Christian Schoepplein, le ven. 05 juin 2020 12:08:24 +0200, a ecrit:
speech-dispatcher                     0.9.0-5+deb10u1
speech-dispatcher-audio-plugins:amd64 0.9.0-5+deb10u1

Ok, so this includes the latest fixes.

Just wondering: did you try to play e.g. some music to see if the
problem is specific to speech-dispatcher, or more general?

Sorry, that I forgot to mension. It is more general and also afects playing music, e.g. So it is not speech-dispatcher related.

I will try another aproach for soundoutput without pulse and maybe I'll quickly install a new Debian VM to see if that helps and if it is something related to my current installation. Also I'll see if I can get help from VMware, but there I do not have much hope :-(.

Cheers,

  Schoepp