Re: How do I set up a desktop in Mate?

Hi,

Le 11/05/2020 à 11:48, John J. Boyer a écrit :
Hello Everyone,

I got disgusted with the way Microsoft keeps messing up my computers with its updates, so I installed Mate on my Debian system. However, I miss the convenience of
the Windows desktop. Ctrl+alt+d is suposed to start a desktop. However, it does nothing. I would like something

Srrange. This is the shortcut to go to the desktop, yes. The same as windows-m on a Microsoft system

See alt-f1, preferences - Harware - Shortcuts. The shortcut should be set here

like the Windows desktop with first-letter
navigation to the apps I use most, the trash, Etc. What are the steps for setting one up?

In Linux, to reach an app on your desktop, press the first letters of the word (eg. ho for home folder). Unlikely Windows, you cannot press the first letter and make scroll the apps, you need to enter the first letters of the word.

To put an app on the desktop, shift-f10 on the app, add the launcher to desktop

Regards

Thanks,
John