Re: Debian 10.2.0 post installation issue

If I'm not mistaken espeak is used to install debian.  For that reason
even if orca gets installed, orca has not yet been run on the hardware.
For that reason it's entirely correct for anyone to get a silent desktop
the first time they start the desktop up.  Once orca is run inside a user
account with the desktop running and orca accessibility gets turned on in
accessibility settings the silent desktop should not happen on subsequent
runs of the desktop after the system is rebooted.  Since many
accessibility needs exist running a gsettings command to enable orca when
orca is installed isn't done in many linux installations.  Slint has the
orca-on and orca-off scripts available so a user can adjust this in the
console before they start orca for the first time, but so far as I now
know slint in that respect is unique.  I hope this helps.