Re: Handling Slow Serial Input

Hello,

the documentation of the parameters in /sys/accesibilty/speakup
is being currently enhanced, cf.:
http://linux-speakup.org/pipermail/speakup/2019-September/062058.html

say_word_ctl is not yet documented in the proposed patch but there
is this comment in the main.c source file of speakup:

/* get_word - will first check to see if the character under the
 * reading cursor is a space and if spk_say_word_ctl is true it will
 * return the word space.  If spk_say_word_ctl is not set it will check to
 * see if there is a word starting on the next position to the right
 * and return that word if it exists.  If it does not exist it will
 * move left to the beginning of any previous word on the line or the
 * beginning off the line whichever comes first..
 */

Anyway, your question would be read by more informed people in the
speakup mailing list:

Best regards,

Didier