Re: Unusually long time to log in on fresh testing install

On Sun, Oct 6, 2019, at 10:05 PM, thomasw@fastmail.cn wrote:
> I just did a fresh install of testing with the Mate desktop and
> standard system utilities. I notice that after logging in it takes a
> very long time for Orca to start. Can anyone reproduce this or is it just
> me?
Turns out its not just me and this is not related to accessibility. I dug into this and locally traced it down to a conflict between mate-session-manager and the new version of Gnome Keyring. I was going to try and fix it but noticed there is already a patch under mate-session-manager on salsa. Building with that patch resulted in no delay. I hope this helps someone.