Re: Playing midi files

OK Vojt, when on my Debian system, if I type
man -k midi
I get these matches
amidi (1)            - read from and write to ALSA RawMIDI ports
aplaymidi (1)        - play Standard MIDI Files
arecordmidi (1)      - record Standard MIDI Files
midid (1)            - Raw Midi interpreter
timidity (1)         - MIDI-to-WAVE converter and player
timidity.cfg (5)     - configure file of TiMidity++
In addition, you might try "mikmod" which will play tracker files with such extentions as .mod .xm .s3m .it .669 and maybe others which I cannot remember. These mod files were popular around 1995-97 just before mp3s took over. There is another player based on Cubic Play in DOS, but I cannot remember its Linux implimentation. And lastly, its funny there is a charactor in your name which neither Speakup nor my DecTalk will pronounce after the t and before the tilda.
Chime