Re: More info about petitboot? - was {Re: Can grub be made to talk?}

On 07/24/2019 06:07 AM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
Richard Owlett, le mer. 24 juil. 2019 05:57:55 -0500, a ecrit:
On 07/24/2019 01:40 AM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
[snip] - petitboot is an interesting approach: you boot a Linux kernel
that
    only runs petitboot, and there you can run a screen reader such as
    brltty. That can then boot the real kernel for the targetted system.

I had never heard of petitboot.
The information at:
   https://packages.debian.org/buster/petitboot
   https://manpages.debian.org/buster/petitboot/petitboot.8.en.html
is just enough to tantalize.

It may be appropriate for a personal project.
I have a machine dedicated to multiple experimental Debian installs.
If I read the above links correctly, petitboot will allow me to chose any
system installed on the primary drive or connected flash drives.

Suggested links?

https://wiki.debian.org/accessibility#Complete_accessibility

Samuel

Thank you. That will aid me in installing/setting-up petitboot for initial experiments. Analyzing how petitboot.sh works should answer questions I don't yet have context to ask.

I was looking for link(s) discussing petitboot itself rather than particular applications of it.