Re: Things to cover in my bits from the DPL talk at Debconf

Hi.. I'm temporarily adding this to Debian-Accessibility and *waving*
at Samuel and everyone as I do..

On 7/8/19, Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org> wrote:
> Folks, I'm looking for cool stuff to cover in my keynote at Debconf.
> Obviously, I'll want to cover buster, and stuff I'm working on, and
> challenging issues facing the project.
>
> But I'd also like to showcase our community and interesting things that
> have happened over the last year.
>
> So, I'd especially be interested in elements to work in that have
> interesting pictures, video or sound elements.
>
> So, things like
>
> * Pictures of release testing
>
> * pictures of release parties
>
> * Possibly interesting uses of Debian that have a good visual/brief
>   video story
>
> * Because I'm blind if I could find interesting content, I might focus
>   more than usual on sound.  But if not that's cool too.
>
> Any thoughts are welcome.

So, can anyone think of anything about Debian-Accessibility that would
fit into what Sam seeks? MANY people have never, for example, heard a
screenreader in action. I personally have Users with screenreaders in
my thoughts on regular occasion, especially when all that useful
information is zipping by at warp speed on my own screen during
reboots.

If anyone replies, it's possibly most appropriate to drop
Debian-Accessibility back out of the loop and only reply directly to
Debian-Publicity.

ONE DISCLAIMER: I don't know if the Debian-Publicity list accepts
posts from non-subscribers..

Just thinking out loud.. :)

PS Afterthought: What about "Hurd"? That just hit my radar in some bit
of chatter or another during the past week:

Debian GNU/Hurd 2019 released!; 2019.07.07
https://lists.debian.org/debian-hurd/2019/07/msg00001.html

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey