Re: Do not upgrade espeakup to 1:0.80-5+deb9u2!!

On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 12:05 PM Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
> Now, how did we end up in such a situation.  Apparently I didn't test
> this update well enough.  The issue is that I do not actually use
> accessibility software, so I'm using VMs etc. which is far from ideal,
> and lets me make more harm than good.

I appreciate the work you do. I firmly believe you do far more good than harm.

> I guess in the future I'll have to just refrain from making updates of
> such essential accessibility packages unless people do test packages
> that I'll make available in the staging area mentioned above.

I didn't read closely and initially thought you were talking about
delaying uploads to Unstable. Your proposal sounds like a useful
precaution for stable-backports (at least until we get some kind of
PPA system where we can have stability tiers.)

Finding testers for stable bugfixes can be difficult. I hope people
that can safely test those updates will continue to help you out
there. I appreciate their work too!

Thanks,
Jeremy Bicha