Re: loss of speech in speakup when switching between console and gui

On 10/2/2018 6:04 PM, Keith Barrett wrote:
> Is any one able to reproduce this?
>
> Debian buster up to date as of 01 October 2018.
>
> I am loosing speech in the console using speakup after switching back
> from the desktop.
> To reproduce, log in to the desktop and make sure orca is working.
> Then switch to one of the text consoles with control alt f4.
> Result for me is that speakup is no longer working.
> This happens more the 50 percent of the time.
>
> Thanks
>
> Keith

This is a well known bug, that has been dealt  with.
The fix relies on multiple components though, as a consequence,  it will
take time to be fully implemented.
See the archive of this list for more info.

Credits goes primarily to "Samuel Thibault" for addressing this issue.

--
John Doe