Re: Accessibility for person with a motor disability

On 03/21/2018 10:30 AM, Alex ARNAUD wrote:
Le 21/03/2018 à 15:27, Eric Johansson a écrit :
On 3/20/2018 5:35 AM, Alex ARNAUD wrote:

What is as you know the most efficient way to write text with a
head-tracking software?
[snip]

I can't use keyboards much because of a repetitive stress injury. I
would say that the most efficient way to write text with a head tracking
software is to not even try at all. It's the wrong tool. For many kinds
of mobility-based disabilities (RSI, arthritis, amputation etc.) speech
recognition would be a better tool.

Which tool are you using on your GNU/Linux distribution for doing speech recognition ?

As to computer usage, I am not disabled.
I'm finding the discussion of Dasher valuable for other reasons.
Is there now viable speech recognition for Linux? I've not done an intensive search since Dragon Naturally Speaking (a Windows only app) was the only game in town.

However I'm "mobility impaired" due to breaking my back about ten years ago - original prognosis was lifetime in wheelchair. I heartily agree with comments in this thread that unless you are disabled (or have frequent contact with that disability) you have no idea ...!